Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Chevron Earrings. DIY




 I love the color turquoise, and the chevron pattern. I found some turquoise leather at Hobby Lobby so I had to snatch it up. It was only $5.99 for a pretty good size bag of scrap leather.
 I have played with the idea of Chevron earrings for about 3 months now.
Here are some I came up with.

Tutorial
Things you need.

  1. Leather* Hobby Lobby
  2. Pliers
  3. Knife
  4. Scissors
  5. Paper
  6. Pencil
  7. Ruler
  8. Jump rings* Wal-Mart, Hobby Lobby
  9. Wire or earring findings.Hobby Lobby, Wal-mart
  10. Cutting mat, Wal-Mart, Hobby Lobby, Joann's Fabric
  11. Leather Hole Punch * not shown. *Michaels about $15.00 (My favorite tool)



 Cut a piece of paper 1 inch by 1 inch
 Trace that one inch square on your leather,
 cut out two one inch squares.

Now you have 2 one inch squares.

On your one inch piece of paper you want to draw it to look like this.
Use your ruler for crisp lines.

 cut it out

 Trace on your leather

Cut them out 
* I used my metal ruler and my x-acto knife.
use your Leather Hole Punch and punch out your holes.
Connect with your jump rings

 I trimmed the top chevron to make them look more even,
 but that is just a personal preference.
I cut two pieces of wire about two inches long.
I then bent them to look like this.
This makes the earring part that hooks in your ear.

 I attached that to the top hole.

I added another jump ring and some chain to another  pair,
 just for a slight difference.


 Have a great Wednesday.
Go Create.
Lots of <3,
Anne

6 comments:

  1. I am really impressed from your designs, you are great designer who knows taste of customers. I would love to refer your blog on my fb page, it seems i have a lot of things to learn from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooo, i love your choice in color, friend!!! these came out great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so making these! I bout a size 0 leather mini skirt at the thrift store for $1.99 to use just for crafting. Since mine is all black I might paint little parts in hot pink, silver or gold glitter to ad some glam. Love your web site!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank yo so much Anne, I would love to see it when you finish.

      Delete
  4. Wonderful earrings! Thank you for your idea!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!