Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Saturday, August 2, 2014

No Sew Kimono with Fringe.

Kimonos are everywhere right now.
Check out how I made one out of a T-shirt.
No sewing required.





Inspiration
Via

 Tutorial
 Things you need.
  1.   XL Large Mens tee *the bigger the shirt the better. I used a Hanes Cotton/Poly blend shirt.
  2. Fringe *Walmart
  3. Aleene's Quick Dry Fabric Fusion
  4. Scissors
  5. Aluminum foil
  6. 2 Studs *optional


 Cut up the middle of your shirt 
You are going to cut out a 4 inch section in the middle
and then cut around the collar.


 Fold your shirt and cut off the bottom 
I cut  about 6 inches. 
If you want a longer Kimono you can leave it long.


Place your foil down and your shirt on top of the foil.
Measure your fringe and cut it to the length of the shirt with about one inch extra on both ends.
You will be folding the fringe over the edge of the shirt for a more finished look.

 Place a line of glue across the bottom of your shirt
 place your fringe on top of the glue.


 Let dry for about and hour or two.

 I took two star studs that I had and I placed them on the seams on the shoulders.
 I do this so the seams will not come apart.
  If you do not have studs then you can  hand stitch 
or place a little fabric glue there to keep the seams from coming apart.
*If you use the quick dry fabric fusion
 then place the glue on the underside of your fabric so it can not be seen.

Back



Kimono made easy.
Have a wonderful Weekend
Lots of <3,
Anne


P.S. If you want to see how I made this Tie-Dyed Kimono.
Head over  HERE
 to I love to Create
For the full tutorial.
XXOO

8 comments:

  1. You are amazing! Thanks for sharing your wonderful creations!! :) Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so cool! I'm going to try making my kimono this weekend. Thanks so much for sharing!
    Maybo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I better go shopping and get busy, because so far I love everything you posted! Thank you so much for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!