Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Monday, April 27, 2015

Glitter Lamp Shades, DIY


If you have been following me I have been slowly re-decorating my Dining room, a total re-do. There comes a point when you really need a little change. I know that change is scary sometimes and making all of those different choices and decisions can be really daunting....
"What paint color do I want?, What furniture do I want? How do I start?
  I suggest most definitely to take that leap and change what you want to change. 
Start with the big pieces first like furniture, then work your way down from there.
Right now I am on the final leg of my makeover, the finishing touches the little things that make you smile when you look at them. That is my best advice to anyone, make sure you put you into a room your signature look, something that screams "This is me!"
I am Saving a little money here by taking  the lamp shades that I already have and I am sprucing them up a little, by adding that little touch of whimsy and sparkle. I saw this idea on Pinterest and I thought how easy this would be to re-create.
This is a super easy DIY one that anyone can do, it just takes about an hour of your day.
Things you need


Lamp shades
Brush
Duck tape or Painters tape * Optional
Cookie sheet.
Clean cloth
 
First things first if your lamp shades are dirty give them a good old fashion cleaning.
 Working with a dust free surface is paramount.
Wipe with a clean cloth.
Take your tape and remove all of the dust that the cloth did not get.
Spend a little extra time with this step if you have to you will be really happy if you do.
Put Aleene's Turbo tacky  glue on the inside of your lamp shade. 
The new bottle design of this glue makes doing projects so much faster, 
the glue is always ready for you to use, no waiting for it to come down to the tip.
Brush out  the glue evenly all over your lamp shade
Sprinkle glitter all over the glue.
Let dry completely.
Shake off all of the extra glitter when your glue is dry.
Now place them back on your chandelier.

I told you it was easy.
Having that extra sparkle makes me smile every time I look at it, 
and that is what it  is all about.
Here is a link to Pinterest that will give you other ideas
 on how to change your lamp shades.
Or 
I will do a post soon on My complete dining room make over so stay tuned.
Have a beautiful Day.
Lots of <3,
Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!